Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Ship Anson - 1:12th Scale Pub Room Box

I gave my husband a shop room box for Christmas and he decided he would like it to be a Regency Era sailors pub.

After much research, I made a start.

The box it self came ready made up, with the exterior ready painted.
Photobucket

I decorated the inside of the box with wallpaper lining paper. I ripped some corner and inserted brick paper beneath, to make it look as if the plaster was damaged.

Photobucket

I then made a bar, from cardboard, this I covered in balsa wood, which I in turn rubbed tealeaves into to "rough" it up a little. I then varnished with a craft varnish.

Photobucket

A Fireplace was constructed again from cardboard and covered with brick paper. The hearth being folded cardboard coloured with wax crayons and then varnished, to give a marble effect. A fire basket was then added.

Photobucket

I made simple balsa wood shelves, again stained with tea. These were affixed to the wall behind the bar.

Photobucket

simple furniture was added, a small table and two stools, a large barrel. as well as smaller items such as tapped barrel, bottles, jugs, jars, tankards etc.

Photobucket

The outside of the bub box was painted and covered with brick paper, this was then finished off with some regency era posters. At the front of the pub a pavement area of cobble stones was made.

Photobucket

A pub sign was made from a piece of Balsa, with simple frame painted black and photographs of the real Ship Anson sign.

Photobucket

Some unusual items such as a pair of monkeys and a parrot were added, these are the pets of sailors brought back from distant countries. There are also small mice in the pub.

Photobucket

The pub is now just awaiting customers and staff.

No comments: